Friday, June 3, 2011

Pilot Post

My dad once told me how I seem like the type who likes to keep on moving from one place to another. He was referring to the schools I’ve attended. Every time I graduate, I’ve always been transferring from one school to the next. And medical school was no different.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved the schools where I’ve spent at least two or four years of my life in. I think it’s just that I have always been the kind of person who gets bored with things. Not the short-time bored of this show I’ll go to the next channel kind of bored, but the big-time kind of bored. Wait, let me rephrase myself. I don’t want to keep on using the word bored. I would probably think of myself as someone who likes to wander, to go around places, and to see new and different places rather than to savor the view on a single destination.

Sometimes I think it’s bad that I like to keep moving since it’s not only my schools that get affected; sometimes, even the relationships I’ve had with other people I’ve met along the way can follow this little routine. I’m lucky I found really good friends that stuck together during high school and college and even afterwards. But from grade school, I’m not so sure. I’m not so sure about med school either, but I hope I can prove myself wrong. And what scares the shiz out of me is getting disconnected and eventually awkward with the people that have grown on me. I used to whine about this fear to a friend, and my friend shunned me off saying that’s not supposed to happen. After a few months, the same college friend makes me feel like I’m just an awkward acquaintance. True story.

You see, things do change and people do like to keep on rushing to places. But I don’t know, sometimes I just want things to keep still, so I can just breathe in that moment and stay there. I’m not trying to sound abstract (though I feel like I am) moreso poetic (because God knows I'm not made to be one). I guess this is what usually happens on a pilot post when you’re still trying to figure out how this little blog will turn out.

Also, I’m not sure how this is any different from my old blog, sans the ancient high school drama posts, but probably, as I carry on writing and posting my periodic whereabouts, I’ll get somewhere. For now, this will have to do it.

So, welcome friends to my new (and hopefully more mature) blog! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment