Sunday, May 5, 2013

Forever

One of my very very good friends since high school just got engaged today. Not necessarily the first one I know to get engaged, but the first from my own circle of friends. This is the friend I've talked countlessly about dream boys, dream weddings, dream proposals and happy ever afters. To see her move to another country and to a new timezone and unexpectedly found her soulmate is, forgive the cheese, inspiring. She's one of the bravest girls I've met in my life and you know, a real fighter, not like other girls and boys who think they know what they want and "try" to get there but eventually end up crawling back to their mommies and daddies. This one's a fighter, and people who are courageous, I think, deserve to be rewarded. I'm not writing this to make pa-goody goody with you Joycie, I just think people should know how much you can inspire not just your friends (coz really, a lot of us are), but also wandering strangers to just go for it, whatever it is we're itching to go for.

I guess this also serves as a reminder for me that we truly are getting older. Things are getting shit real okay. I mean, marriage? Oh God. Not that I don't want it okay, I do, I really do. Next to not having any kids and not ending up as a good doctor, being alone for the rest of my life would be a huge nightmare. I remember having a conversation with my friend earlier this year how, at this point in my life, you don't really want those met-up-in-a-bar kind of relationships. Not that I judge people who still go for those things, but it's just that being in med school, makes me value time so so much and how much (I think) I have so little of it. I want the real thing, yo. Yo? Haha. But seriously, one time big time na ako this time. I probably shouldn't have said that since I know how much boys can get scared off by that mentality, but what the heck, bahala kayo. Seryoso na.

But a serious relationship entails a serious state of mind. Do I have that? Mebbe not yet. Another friend said judging a potential guy by his taste in shoes, music and hairstyle isn't a good sign of a girl who's on the lookout for a serious relationship. Shallow, that's what my friend said. That S word has been in my forehead for a really long time now, okay. Is it really shallow? Can I not sift through choices (choices, chos) by critiquing their shoes? Pwede naman di ba? Taste goes a long way you know, just like first impressions, which I happen to remember very very accurately.

So maybeee I'm not on the same level as Joyce and Chris are in right now in their lives. I probably don't have that idea of for better and for worse concretely defined inside my head. Soon, like 3 years maybe? No pressure right?

Cheers to your forever, my love! Your love story is just getting better and much sweeter. :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU FOREVER!!! Nakakakilig naman 'to!! I miss you even more. Imagine us screaming right now if we were together!!!

    Don't worry, things come at different time for different people-- whether it be the man, bling blong career, or life satisfaction in general. We all have our own time and He knows when that best time is.

    Stay inspired and in love. Hug tight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knoooow! Don't worry, i'll be screaming reaaaally loud on your wedding hahaha congrats again!!! And thank you, love is the way to go heehee hugs!

    ReplyDelete